- CLOCK HOURS
- TUITION & PAYMENTS
- DRESS CODE
- GRADING SYSTEM
- EQUIPMENT & SUPPLIES
- FOOD & DRINKS
- TRANSFER STUDENTS
- VISITOR INFORMATION
1) What is a student permit card? Where
does one get this?
- The state department requires a student enrolled
in a beauty school to hold a permit stating the student’s name, permit number,
and the name of the school actively attending. The student may request their
state permit number from the main office.
2) What happens after the student completes
the total course hours required by state and have paid course in
- The student should be prepared to take the
Texas Final Written& Practical Exam to obtain a license
- The student may request for assistance in
scheduling a date for the exam or one may schedule it themselves. Visit our
"Schedule Your State Exam"
link under our Student Services page to get more information about
3) Where does the student take
the state final exam to obtain a license?
are several locations in the surrounding Houston area to take the final state
exam. The student may choose which location is best for him or her if dates
1) What is the minimum # of hours a student
must attend B1 Careers per week? 15 hours
2) What is the minimum # of hours a student
must attend B1 Careers per month? 60 hours
3) What happens if a student does not meet
the minimum # of hours per week or per month?
- The student must talk to the Director or
Assistant Director. The y will be placed on probation.
TUITION AND PAYMENTS
What happens if a registered student misses a tuition
- The student will be automatically charged a late
fee of $35.
2) What forms of tuition payments does the
- Cash, credit card, check, debit card or money
1) Does a student wear a
- Yes. The student must wear all black under school
smock. The school’s smock is sold in the school’s store. Daily personal
grooming is highly recommended.
What kind of shoes does a student wear?
- Under Cosmetology law it is required to wear
closed toed and closed heeled shoes at all times. Must be followed at all
1) If a student misses an exam day
will they get a chance to make it up?
- Yes. We allow make up testing only under certain
circumstances. If you have more questions over this matter please direct them
to your instructor or director.
2) Are there many
- Examinations are given periodically, after every
chapter, in both theory and practical classes. If you have more questions,
please speak to your instructor.
The instructor reviews each student’s progress on a
regular basis. Examinations are given periodically and practical work is graded
as well. The minimum acceptance score that reflects that the student has passed
the assignments is 70%. This minimum passing score applies to both theory and
practical work assignments.
EQUIPMENT & SUPPLIES
1) Does a student receive any equipment and
- Yes. If the new students applicant makes a full
payment for their books and/or kit, he/she will immediately receive their
materials. (Materials may sometimes be in back up order but will eventually
receive his/her items)
2) If a student needs extra supplies where
can I get it?
- We sell a limited amount of supplies but we can
always help you find something you need for class.
3) Do the books come in different
- Yes, They come in Spanish and
1) Who is the eligible for our Cosmetology
- Must be at least 17 years old of
- Have obtained a high school diploma or the
equivalent of a high school diploma or have passed a valid examination
administered by a certified testing agency that measures the person’s ability
to benefit from training.
- Have completed 1,000 hours of instruction in a
licensed culture school.
2) Who is eligible for our Cosmetology
An applicant that is,
- at least 18 years of age.
- have completed the 12th
grade or it equivalent.
- holds an Cosmetology Operator
- have completed a course of 750 hours of
instruction in cosmetology courses and teaching methods.
- If an applicant has two years of verifiable
experience as a licensed operator then he or she is qualified to complete 500
hours of instruction course.
What does a person need to bring to register for a course?
- Proof of identification (Anything that is
- A copy of high school diploma or G.E.D or
something equivalent from the USA
- A form of payment: cash, credit card, check for
What is the cost to register for a course at B1 Careers? $100
Can one register at anytime in the program?
- Yes. Classes run in a cycle for entering
Phase One students and any students are able to pick up the course
Are there schedules that a student needs to follow?
- Yes. There will be several classes on the same
day. If you miss a class you can always make it up at a later time that day.
Class schedules will be posted up on the bulletin boards.
Are there other languages that a student can learn the material instead of
- B1 careers only offer classes in English and
FOOD AND DRINKS
1) Does a student get a lunch
Yes, of course. A student is also allowed to leave
campus for lunch and come back or bring their lunch as well. They
must clock out during breaks or when leaving campus. A student is not allowed to
eat or drink during class hours. The student is only allowed to eat and drink in
the “Student Lounge” during their break time.
Attendance is recorded on all regularly schedule
school days. A daily time report is maintained indicating the attendance record
for each student enrolled. Students must attend on a regular basis in order to
be considered making satisfactory progress and complete the program within the
maximum time frame. Excessive absenteeism will be cause for possible
interruption of training.
1) Can one transfer hours to
“B1 Careers” from another TX Cosmetology School?
- Yes. Make an appointment with a B1 Careers
representative for further assistance. Please bring your permit #, a sealed
transcript, identification, and a copy of your high school diploma or GED, to
2) Can one transfer to B1
Careers from an out-of-state Cosmetology
- Yes. Make an
appointment to see a B1 Careers representative for further assistance.
Please bring a sealed transcript or have one mailed to our school address
before the appointment and also bring a copy of your highschool diploma or GED
and your identification.
Please visit the office for visitor information.
Any visitors that interrupt any class session will be asked to leave.
more information, please give a call during office